I’ve been craving salmon lately. Last time I was at the grocery store I decided to pick some up. I so wanted to make the salmon extra tasty (salmon is tasty on it’s own, but I wanted to do something special with it today) while still keeping it healthy. I searched the internet for ideas and came up with this… my very own take.
I hope you’ll try it and let me know how you like it.
- 4 pieces of salmon
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 450
- Lightly oil a baking pan
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon, remove skin if you like
- Combine all other ingredients
- Top each Salmon piece with 1 tablespoon of the mixture
- Place the salmon pieces in the pan
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes on the top shelf of your oven, this allows the top to brown a bit. I cooked this batch for 12 minutes, it came out just right (of course cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon you use)
Just before o put them in to bake…
And 12 minutes later, walla!
* this salmon is delicious, serve it with a bit of rice, risotto or potatoes, a veggie and you’ll have a complete meal
*this would be a great main dish for entertaining, it makes for a nice presentation and it is so easy and quick to make, all winning in my book. 🙂
* I used non fat plain Greek yogurt