Gather your ingredients…
Combine all well. It won’t look too smooth at this point. It’s important to mix the casserole throughly halfway through the baking process.
Bake or refrigerate till morning
- 1 30oz package hash browns, defrosted
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 8 ounce package grated cheddar blend cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a medium size casserole dish combine all ingredients
- Cover dish
- Bake casserole for 1 hour, mixing half way through
- Take the foil off at the 1 hour mark, bake another 20 minutes uncovered
- Take the casserole out of oven and be ready to throughly enjoy this delicious casserole!
In my house this has become a repeated request. I oblige as it is so easy to make and it can be put together day before and baked day of.
* If you’re going to make this ahead remember to take it out of the fridge early or you’ll have to increase the baking time.