It’s my husband’s birthday 🎈, what better way to help him start his special day. 💙
A delish and special breakfast it is…
I just made the batter ahead in order to let it rest, according to Alton Brown who’s recipe I tweaked a tad… this will keep the Crepes from tearing easily.
Here I sit… giving at least one hour time for the bubbles in the batter to go down.
This batter can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, love that. I’m hosting a sisters (I have 4💖) slumber party in the next few months, this recipe will definitely be on my planning list.
I’m waiting for the birthday boy to awaken into his special day.
Here’s the crepe recipe link, the only change I made was to add 1/4 tsp of real vanilla extract, it gives the crepes a subtle flavor of vanilla, they are delish.
For the finished crepes, fruit…
- Chop up 2/3 cups of assorted fruit
- To the fruit add a sweetener of your choice (here I used one packet of stevia)
- Let the fruit (kind of) masarate (using the term loosely here fellow foodies ;)) with the sweetener for about an hour in the refrigerator
- Fold crepes in 1/2 then 1/2 again, you’ll have 1/4 pieces
- Place crepe on a serving dish
- Lift crepe to open at the middle
- Place about a cup to a cup and 1/2 of the fruit mixture into each crepe
- Top with whipped cream
- Sprinkle your plate with powdered sugar for a nice presentation
- Walla, serve to your loved one or guests
What a lucky husband you have!! a great breakfast–or I’m thinking a wonderful dessert for dinner with friends. It really is beautiful on the plate! (and who doesn’t like whipped cream??!) thanks.
LikeLiked by 1 person