Recently I have been obsessed with serving up a fine hot chocolate and with a giant marshmallow or two to boot! To be honest this obsession started a few weeks ago, I was watching yet another Hallmark movie (can’t seem to stop from watching these feel good, happy happy gems), in the movie there are a few quite warm and fuzzy scenes in which the featured stars are seen drinking some of the most delectably looking mugs of hot chocolate ever.
After conducting some research on the finest of hot chocolates, I came up with this simple but divine goodness.
Here’s all you need. Now I am no Chocolatier, but that bar of chocolate up there, sure helped to create some mighty fine goodness. By the way, by all means use whole milk if that’s what you have on hand.
- Milk (2 cups)
- 1 4oz chocolate bar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Your favorite huge marshmallows
- In a medium pot heat 2 cups milk to warm
- Add in a half bar of good chocolate (2 oz.) (break the bar up a bit for quicker melting) the type I used here worked out great. Not too sweet, but just sweet enough! Mix until the chocolate melts into the milk
- Add in a 1/4 tsp of vanilla, combine well
- Ladle the warm hot chocolate into a mug
- Top with a giant marshmallow or two
- Grate some bar chocolate onto the cocoa, a microplane grater works very well for this
- Repeat, or after cooled, refrigerate and save the rest of the hot chocolate for later consumption and enjoyment
*recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, etc… to your specific goodness needs
Lots of glorious shaved cocoa topping for moi, yum!