I came across a similar recipe on facebook. After doing some recipe research I came up with my own version. This comes together quickly. Pop it in the oven and you’ll be free to tend to the rest of your meal prepping.
- 4 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup crushed croutons, I used a mixed type with both dark pumpernickel and light croutons. I crushed them myself. First I placed a few handfuls of croutons in a plastic ziplock bag, then I used the back of a stainless steal measuring cup to crush them. (primitive yes, but it worked)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine the broccoli, cream of chicken soup, mayo, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place mixture into a small casserole dish, I used an 8 x 4 dish
- Top with the grated cheese
- Next, sprinkle the top with the bread crumbs
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered
And… walla! Your family and friends just might really love this.
It is so good, decadent and delish. g.