I decided to go here again. Why? Because this recipe is Simply that simple. If you’re trying to get your kids or grandkids to eat more vegi’s this is a great thing to start with.
The last recipe I gave you (for cauliflower mashers) had more of an Atkins spin, with heavy cream and all. These are just so good no cream or extra butter needed!
Get those florets started
Cook them up
Nice and smooth
Don’t forget that butter. Decadence in moderation, it’s a very good thing!
Oh yum! And here you go…
- 1 head trimmed cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tsp salt for cooking cauliflower
- 1 tsp garlic powder for cooking cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup or so cauliflower broth (cooking liquid)
- 4 oven roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 to 1 tsp additional salt
- In a med size pot bring 6 cups of water to a boil
- Add to the water 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp garlic powder
- Carefully add in the florets
- Continue cooking on high for 10 minutes
- Remove florets from the water
- Reserve about a cup of the cooking liquid
- Add florets to a bowl, cuisinart or blender
- Next, add in the broth, garlic and salt (this might have to be done in two batches as to not overfill you blender or mixing vessel
- Blend/mash until smooth
- Mix in the butter
- Adjust seasoning
Last night I enjoyed my serving with chicken gravy. Oh my, 2nd’s please!
Happy almost weekend! g.