Hey all, happy Sunday. It’s been a rather busy news weekend with all the whoop la about the new president, pro and against.
I’ve decided, I will just take it all in and enjoy the the never ending debate.
How else to take in a lovely rainy debatable 😉 day than to cook a fine meal.
Here’s my recipe for a delicious fried rice. I invite you to make it your own, sans meat, with pork or without, maybe ground turkey, add in more vegi’s to your taste, whatever you decide.
This is a great base recipe, may it inspire your own perfect take on fried rice.
The eggs just take a minute or two, take them off the heat when they are done.
I browned the chiles next, watch them closely as they can burn easily.
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6-8 dried red chiles (look for them in the ethnic section of your grocery store), certainly optional
- 2 1/2 cups cooked cold white rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup cooked shredded
- 1 cup peas and carrots (I used defrosted frozen)
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large sauté pan or wok heat the olive to med hot
- Add in the onion, cook on high until it begins to look translucent
- Remove the onion from the pot, set aside
- Next add in the eggs, cook throughly
- Remove them from the heat
- Add in the chile peppers, cook until browned (this will happen quickly)
- Remove the chiles from the pan
- Add in the rice
- Add in the soy sauce
- Stir fry the mix
- Add in the chicken stir till all is heated
- Now add back in the cooked onions, cooked egg and browned chiles
- Add in the peas and carrots, again toss all around until heated well
- Add in the sesame oil
- Sprinkle with garlic powder
- Add the pepper
- Combine all well
- Check for taste, add salt if you like. I found it to be just right as the soy sauce adds enough of a salt taste
* This would be great topped with chopped green onion and or sesame seeds
* work around the chiles or remove them entirely, they are a lot about the presention and more importantly they are majorly hot, I take only tiny bits of these cooked dried chiles and I am accustomed to spicy, if that says anything.
Well bye for now friends.
Remember to sieze all days. g.