I love a good bargain so when whole chickens go on sale, I usually buy a few. I had this guy in my freezer just waiting to be cooked up.
I’ve got this fresh thyme growing on my kitchen window, it’s doing great indoors during this cold spell. Some springs of this will add a yummy layer of flavor to the chicken.
Here’s that rosemary again, it never stops giving.
I love cooking, it relaxes me, for the most part. Here… a wee bit of cooking while enjoying a warm and cozy day inside. Using the oven on a cold day sure helps to heat the house up too, win, win.
- 1 whole chicken (rinsed and giblets removed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 springs rosemary
- 8-10 springs thyme
- 1 whole head garlic (cut in half then peeled)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place your rinsed patted dry chicken in a baking pan or glass baking dish
- Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with 1/2 the salt
- Add the garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme to the inside of the chicken
- Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with the other 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and lemon pepper
- Spread the olive oil on the outside of the chicken
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour and 45 minutes
Enjoy! The skin on this chicken is crispy and delish just out the oven, yum.
Have a happy New Year! 🎉 g.