Sometimes you just need a pretty breakfast…
I give you my Eggs Over Tomate
Remove the woody stuff
Here’s the Tomate Sauce, almost finished.
I add a pinch of sweetner to my Tomate Sauce, I find that it takes the tangy edge off.
That’s Sunday breakfast here in So. Cal.
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced rosemary (chop a little extra for garnish)
- Pinch of sweetner
- Heat a med size sauté pan to medium low heat.
- Add in all the sauce ingredients. (not eggs or bread)
- Bring the sauce to a high simmer
- Lower the heat and low simmer the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Next, carefully crack 2-4 eggs on top of the simmering sauce
- Cover and continue to cook until eggs are set
I used a warm piece of bread this time for plating. You could use toasted bread rubbed with a fresh clove of garlic, that would be fab.
This is a very tasty dish, it’s perfect for a hearty late breakfast.