Here are the ingredients I used.
This sauce is the best, you’ll find it hard to make and use any other once you’ve made this… no kidding, it’s that good!
I like serving it up like this, that way your guests or family members can choose just how much sauce and chicken to add to their fettuccine noodles.
Oh my yummy.
I cooked up some chicken tenderloins to chop up and add to the fettuccine
Season the chicken pieces lightly with salt and pepper. Cook the tenderloins about 8-10 minutes per side. Chop the chicken into bite size piece and set it aside till service.
- 1/2 cup good quality salted butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups good quality parmessan cheese, grated (use the block type don’t use the grated for you type, it does not blend well and your sauce will separate)
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- 2/3 chicken tenderloins pieces per guest (optional)
- 16 oz package of cooked (to al dente) fetticine noodles
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter and olive oil
- Add in the minced garlic cook for about 10 minutes on med low
- Add the cream in over medium-low heat and whisk or mix it until it starts to bubble. Lower heat and simmer gently for about 15 minutes
- Add the cheese into the liquid and mix, cook another 10 minutes on low
- You are ready to eat… I like serving this family style, all ingredients warm and in bowls
- Have you guests top their cooked and warm fetticine noodles with sauce, chicken and chopped parsley (or not).
- Offer your guests Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to season their individual servings.