Some lazy Saturdays bird watching and bratwurst are a good match, add a little kraut and all things are good!
Birdwatching in your area? I do, why not. I try to find beauty where I’m at. It makes life that much more grand. Seeing the glorious in every day works wonders for keepin a good vibe outlook on life in general. 🙌🏻
If you’re interested in birdwatching look for a book (Amazon perhaps or your local book store) that covers the bird life in your local area.
If not, well that’s ok,
here’s my recipe for the brats and kraut…
Cook those brats
Simply put, here’s what a bratwurst is…
Brown the onions
Heat the buns
- Cooking spray or oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Sliced onion
- Mustard (I like spicy mustard)
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Buns of your choice (I used regular hot dog buns)
- Spray or oil a skillet
- Heat to medium high
- Fry the brats for 5-7 minutes, turning as they brown
- Lower heat to medium low
- Add 1/2 water to the skillet
- Continue cooking the brats for 12 minutes covered
- Heat the buns
- Brown the onions in a separate skillet until soft
- Heat your sauerkraut
- Make your brats
- Enjoy !
Add condiments of your choice. I like kraut, mustard, cooked onion, Monterey Jack cheese (Munster or Swiss would be fab too). I like to add a little hot sauce as well. Oh, as suggested by my father in law… a pickle spear would work here too.
Happy Weekend all! g.