These are just too good not to make, easy too.
Slice the eggplant like this
Cut into fry shape
Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper them
Today I enjoyed my eggplant fries with a side of Harry Potter. 😉
- eggplant, sliced then cut into fries
- olive oil
- olive oil spray (optional)
- salt, pepper
- truffle salt or not
- mayo, flavored or not
- preheat oven to 400
- place eggplant fries on an oiled cookie sheet, I used an olive oil spray
- drizzle the fries with olive oil, I used a tablespoon per 1/2 amount of eggplant fries and cookie sheet
- salt and pepper the fries
- *or sprinkle with pepper and truffle salt (or use your seasoning choice, with plain salt and pepper. I’m thinking garlic powder would definitely work here)
- Toss the fries around
- Bake for 20/25 minutes
These are tasty with plain mayo, or you might want to make an herb flavored mayo. Today I enjoyed my fries with both plain mayo and a delish spicy Japanese mayo too.
*be sure not to cut the fries too thin, these shrink up and will cook too fast if sliced too thin.
*this will be just perfect with just salt and pepper as your seasoning, that’s for sure.