I used my left over cauliflower mash to make few cauliflower cakes (like potato cakes) this morning. They were quite delish!
Here’s my recipe for the mash…
Cauliflower Mashers… https://ginasjoys.wordpress.com/2016/07/31/1869/
Spray a non stick skillet with cooking oil, I use olive in my kitchen normally, I did here too. Or you can use a scant amount of cooking oil.
Cook 5 minutes per side, the mix has egg in it so you want to make sure that’s cooked.
Top the cake with an egg, or whatever you like. A bit of sourcream would be good too.
- about a cup of leftover mash
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar
- cooking spray or cooking oil
- 1 beaten egg
I did this very simply
- Combine the mash with the extra cheese
- Add in the egg mix, combine all well
- Heat your skillet to medium high
- Drop about a 1/3 cup mash mix on to your hot skillet, spread out into a circle shape
- Cook each cake for about 5 minutes per side
*Flip these carefully, they will be quite delicate per this mix. I did not want to add bread crumbs and any other ingredients, as I’m still counting total carbs. If they loose shape during the turn just help re-form them with your spatula.
Next time I make these I probably will add in somer bread crumbs, I am sure the mix will stay together better that way.
There are some other great recipes out there for Cauliflower Mash Cakes, enjoy.
This one looks great. It is a start to finish recipe I thought I’d share here with you here…
Thanks for stopping bye and happy Sunday to you. g.