So some of my best friends are getting together today and I’m feelin a little out of the loop.
I’ve got lots on my plate and know it’s best for me not to make the 2 hour one way drive and back, so…
I will have to be happy just channeling their sweet co.
I give you my Michalada ala Gina…
- 1/2 can light beer
- 1/4 cup Clamato juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon chile powder
- Condiments of your choice
- Mix kosher salt and chile powder together, place this mix on a flat plate
- Rim a beer glass with a bit of lemon juice. You can pour a tad in a bowl for this.
- Now rim your glass with the salt and chile powder mix
- Next, turn your glass upright and fill it with ice
- Add in the lemon juice
- Add in the beer
- Add in the Clamato
- Mix gently as to not lose any of the rim goodness.
- Here is where the fun starts….
Raid your fridge for the rim condiments. I used things I had on had. A thick cut piece of bacon would have also been fab, next time.
Condiments I used today…
- celery stick
- cocktail onions
- pickle spear
I happened to have cocktail toothpicks on hand, but use what you have or darn… just drop the goodness in if you must.
Lastly, stick a straw in it if you a happen to have one one hand.
To good friends, cheers! g.