All ready to begin…
But first the Avocado Cream Sauce. By the way, I am using the term ‘cream sauce’ loosely (no puns there ;)) here, as a cream sauce is generally this…
Where’s my spiral-er guy?!
Oh there he is to save the day. 💙
(It’s Comic Con International weekend here in San Diego, thanks for the appearance… Batman!)
Cooking up the zucchini…
Well now, that was sure yummy!
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 tsp salt
(This makes more than you need for 2 serving here, refrigerate, in an air tight container, the left-overs for later use. This fine Sunday I’m looking forward to an omelette with a layer of this delish cream sauce and perhaps a bit of cheese added in too, yum.)
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the insides. Place the avocado in a medium size bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients
- Blend until smooth (I use this small cuisanart, but you could certainly blend all well by hand, perhaps mashing all together with a fork)
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking
- Set aside
- Begin to make your zucchini spirals.
Zucchini Spirals (otherwise known as Zoodles)
- 4 medium sized zuchinni
- Salt, pepper, garlic power to taste
- Cut off the ends of the zuchinni
- Use a hand held spiral tool to spiral cut each zuchinni
- Heat a large sauté pan to high
- Place all the zuchinni noodles in the pan
- Lower heat to medium
- Season the zoodles with salt pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Cook the zuchinni for approximately 5-10 minutes according to how much crunch you still want in your zoodles
My husband made this batch, he cooked them for about 5 minutes. I prefer them a bit more cooked, but they were yummy just the same.
How this dish comes together…
- Combine a serving of the zuchinni noodles with 1/2/3 😉 tablespoons of the yummy Avocado Cream Sauce, depending on your preference
- Grate a bit of a parmessan-type cheese on top on your serving (just because parm type cheeses marry well with zuchinni)
May you enjoy this dish as much as we do, bon appetit and happy Sunday friends and followers.