Hey all, just thought I’d share this easy peasy (on the hearty-side) breakfast idea.
Pork Steaks and Eggs Over San Diego
On my once a month grocery list I had pork chops on the list. What I found to be the best buy was a package of assorted cuts. All good. In the past I have pan fried the chops, the more thin yet still quite meaty steak like pieces I usually save for recipes that include cooked chopped pork.
Today I’m using a thin cut steak-like bone in cut to pan fry for breakfast, boy they are filling our little loft with a great aroma.
- Pork steak
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Olive oil spray or an oil of your choice to coat your pan
- Eggs over easy
- Begin to heat your skillet to hot
- Season the pork steaks (both sides) liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the pork steaks on the hot skillet turn the heat down to medium hot and cook the pork steaks for 15 minutes per side (depending on cut and thickness)
- Make your eggs
- Top the cooked pork chops with an over easy egg