It’s 9:40 am here in sunny San Diego.
In my world, it’s never too early to plan lunch and chill it.
Beginning to gather my ingredients…
I had some giant mushrooms to use up, the mushrooms definitely work here.
I like using ingredients (if they blend well) I have on hand, it’s less waste and economical.
Even though I’m doing low carb and this red onion is not on my ‘ok’ list, I figure a tablespoon can’t hurt. I like the little crunch it gives the salad.
I took some tips from my favorite culinary book, “what else goes well with Brocolli you ask? “, parm cheese and garlic, well ok then…
Here is my recipe for low carb Broccoli salad.
- 4 cups chopped Broccoli
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 slices chopped cooked bacon
- 1 Tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Dash of pepper
- 2 packed tablespoons grated parmessan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill for at least an hour.
* The original recipe came from a Food Network post by Trisha Yearwood. I’m quite sure her version is yummy too.