Here’s a great recipe for Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff, serve it over noodles if you like. The total cooking time is about 45 minutes, totally worth your time and effort, this recipe is a real keeper! Enjoy.
Yields 4 servings
- 6 chicken tenderloins (or about 3 cups chicken breast) chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 pepper
- Sliced Mushrooms, 8oz (I used button)
- 2 Tblsp white wine
- 4 Tblsp butter
- 4 Tblsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream (a few good dollops more for service)
- 1/2 package 12oz wide egg noodles
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped for garish
Meanwhile ;), I cooked half the package of wide egg noddles according to package directions, that yields about 4 good (under stroganoff) servings. Cook your noodles, drain and set aside for service. Some recipes call to combine the noodles with the stroganoff, I prefer not to. I like to control the noodle texture. Sometimes by adding them into the stroganoff they can tend to get overcooked and mushy.
- Season the chicken with listed spices plus s & p
- Heat stock to medium high, spray with extra virgin olive oil
- Add chicken to stockpot, brown (but but don’t cook thru) the chicken about 6-8 minutes, transfer it to a plate
- In same stock pot spray a bit more olive oil and begin to brown the mushrooms, I’d say 3-5 minutes or so
- Add in the white wine, cook wine and mushrooms until the wine has cooked out. Remove mushrooms from the pot
- Add the butter and flour to your pot, whisk till a smooth pasted is formed, whisk in your chicken broth slowly, until a smooth sauce forms. add in the worcestershire sauce, and simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Add back in your chicken and mushrooms, combine well. Bring to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes.
- Add in the sourcream, stir until smooth and adjust seasonings to your taste.
To serve… place warmed cooked noodles in a bowl, top with stroganoff, garnish with a bit of minced parsley and finish with a dollop of sour cream, walla!
Tonight I will be whipping up some delish Parmesan Grits and will serve our leftover Stroganoff atop that.