Make this dressing asap, you will adore it!
It is both healthy and delish.
I like using healthy ingredients whenever I can. I’ve learned that plain Greek yogurt can be used at times to replace things like sour cream, cream, half and half, milk, etc… using yogurt here cuts down on the fat content ( I choose to use non-fat here) and another huge plus… yogurt is a probiotic, good, good.
So here’s how to make it…
Gather your ingredients…
Toss all into a food processor or blender…
Blend on high until smooth…
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 (peeled) garlic gloves
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 T. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Toss all ingredients into a food processor or blender
- Blend on high until smooth
- Add additional water if needed
- Adjust seasonings to taste
* I have seen some recipes call for a bit of honey or sugar. I don’t feel it needs it. This dressing does have a certain tanginess to it, I find it refreshing and light tasting. See what you think. Feel free, by all means, to adlib this recipe to your taste buds.
Use this as a dressing, atop an omelette, as a healthy dip, in an egg salad, in a chicken salad, as a sauce for wraps or burritos and also ;), however darn way you see fit.
This healthy dressing is as versatile as it is tasty!
The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Storing with a layer of plastic wrap touching the dressing in an airtight container will help keep the dressing looking beautiful and tasting fresh. Mix throughly each time you use it.
Recently I made a yummy coleslaw with it.
I took 1 cup regular coleslaw and added 3 T. of the dressing to it, I combined it all well and then… enjoyed my healthy, delicious and refreshing coleslaw.
Here I used it on a simple green salad, simply delish!
Next up for this dressing… the star topping for a chopped southwest salad with black beans and corn, can’t wait. Stay tuned.